Re: RFS: rcairo

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 04:06:06PM +0100, Thierry Reding wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a sponsor for rcairo, the Cairo bindings for Ruby (ITP:
> #342466). I've prepared a package which is available here[0]. It builds
> fine with pbuilder and passes lintian as well as linda checks.
>
> [0]: http://www.dotsec.net/~beatle/debian/rcairo/
You should include the authors explicitly in ./debian/copyright,
rather than referring to AUTHORS.

And you might consider debhelper>>5 and echo 5>./debian/compat,
although that will discourage people from backporting your package to
sarge.

build-stamp and configure-stamp should probably 'touch $@', which is
more elegant than repeating the name of the rule.

Why do you have this conditional?
+	if test -d samples; then \
+		dh_installexamples samples/*; \
+	fi

It seems to me that if samples exist, then you shouldn't need the
test, and if it does not exist, then you should remove it anyway.

The package looks good; you have my metaphorical blessing and
best-wishes for sponsorship :)

--
Clear skies,
Justin