Re: pbuilder and scons

Claudio Moratti wrote:
> Hi *!
> I'm working on a package that uses scons...
>
> everything goes fine but I find one problem: in order to clean the sources,
> debian/rules calls
> /usr/bin/scons -c
> but pbuilder don't try to install the Unmet build dependencies before the
> "clean"...
>
> I read, in Debian Policy Manual, that:
> "Build-Depends, Build-Conflicts
>     The Build-Depends and Build-Conflicts fields must be satisfied when any of
> the following targets is invoked: build, clean, binary, binary-arch,
> build-arch, build-indep and binary-indep."
>
> Is it a bug?
>
> cheers
>

>>>full log
>
> # pdebuild-etch
> W: /root/.pbuilderrc does not exist
> dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: scons kdelibs4-dev
> W: Unmet build-dependency in source
> dpkg-buildpackage: source package is kleansweep
> dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 0.2.1-2
> dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Claudio Moratti <maxer@knio.it>
>  fakeroot debian/rules clean
> dh_testdir
> dh_testroot
> rm -f build-stamp
> rm -f config.sub
> rm -f config.guess
> #-/usr/bin/make distclean
> /usr/bin/scons -c
> make: /usr/bin/scons: Command not found
> make: *** [clean-patched] Error 127
> <<

Interesting.  I know that in the past, when building packages that use
cdbs, I have had to install it on my host system.  If cdbs is not
installed, the clean does not finish.  I think that this is because
pbuilder will call clean on the host machine so that it can take a clean
source archive into the chroot.  Maybe try installing scons on your host
machine.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez