Building packages with epoch

Dear all!

I have a question concerning packages with epoch: We are preparing a NMU
(maintainer approved) for tipa which currently is of version
	2:1.2-2
When I get the source package via apt-get source tipa and rebuild the
package with
	dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -rfakeroot
I get a binary package called
	tipa_1.2-2_all.deb
and not
	tipa_2%3a1.2-2_all.deb

But the internal version number (in the control file) of the package
is correct, as one can see when calling scanpackages I get a correct
entry:
	Package: tipa
	Version: 2:1.2-2

Any suggestions? What is the correct way to build packages with epoch?

Best wishes

Norbert

DULEEK (n.)
Sudden realisation, as you lie in bed waiting for the alarm to go off,
that it should have gone off an hour ago.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff