Re: RFS: cdrbq -- graphical cd burning frontend

On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 09:31:45AM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Justin Pryzby <justinpryzby@users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> > This will only make a symlink if cdrtoaster isn't installed.  But is
> > there a way to make the symlink if cdrtoaster is installed, and then
> > gets removed??  This is probably a job for the alternatives system.
>
> I think the last sentence here is the best comment.  Maybe I'm missing
> something, but this sounds like a job for alternatives from the start to
> me rather than creating symlinks in /usr/bin.
Good of you to confirm it, 'cause I've never used them myself :)

What about dpkg-divert?  It doesn't seem to require cdrtoaster to play
nicely.  And update-alternatives.8 seems to suggest that the
alternatives system is for things like /usr/bin/editor (though it does
also use /usr/bin/vi, so its not inconceivable to use
/usr/bin/cdrtoaster, either, I guess).

--
Clear skies,
Justin