Re: Questions about gnu.org versus debian bugs.

On Monday 28 November 2005 7:49 pm, Ewa Matejska wrote:
> I'm new to filing bugs with Debian and I want to make sure to do this
> right.  If I file a bug against gnu.org (gdb),

It might just be me, but gdb gets blamed for a host of bugs that are actually
in the program or build environment of the project under test. I'd be VERY
sure before posting a bug against gdb.

> is it OK for me to file
> the same bug against the relevant Debian package as well?

I wouldn't think there's much point in doing both.

> It
> reproduces with both.

What do you mean by that? Have you run a test with the binary Debian package
and then built gdb from source and tested with that build?

If you've only used gdb from a Debian package, use reportbug to see the
existing reports against the package and go from there.

If you've built gdb from source and therefore you know that it's nothing
introduced by the Debian maintainer / package, then file against the source.

What kind of bug is this, anyway?

Have you checked the existing bug reports in Debian?

--

Neil Williams