Re: [RFH] update-alternatives

Hi,

Op za 26 nov 2005 om 03:15:38 +0100 schreef Bastian Venthur:

> I am the maintainer of crystalcursors[1] and I received a bugreport[2] where
> the submitter asks me to register the cursors as x-cursor-theme via
> update-alternatives.
>
> Unfortunatly I'm not able to find some useful documentation which helps me
> to do so.
>
> Could somebody point me to a HOWTO or explain what I should do to register
> my cursors? I've already checked some other package which uses this
> mechanism but after my expirience just copying stuff from one package often
> means to copy the defects from other packages to my own (and leads to bad
> packaging style).

/usr/share/debhelper/autoscripts/{postinst,prerm}-wm include an
implementation for x-window-manager.  Maybe studying that helps (as does
studying the update-alternatives(8) manpages, of course).

I assume you've found the section on "Alternative versions of an
interface - `update-alternatives'" in the Debian policy.

Bye,

Joost