Re: how to handle non-responsive maintainers?

On Thu, 2005-11-24 at 10:41 +0100, Joost van Baal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Op do 24 nov 2005 om 09:34:30 +0100 schreef Adriaan Peeters:
> >
> > For my ITP (#333680) I need a new version of libglademm [1,2].
>
> Could you add a note why this is needed to Bug #333730?

It is already there.

> > Unfortunately the current maintainer seems not very responsive, with
> > several of his bugs open for years [3]. We are all volunteers and I do
> > understand that he can be occupied, but as I am no DD, I cannot check
> > whether is on vacation or if there is more information on him being MIA.
> >
> > What is the right course of action? Several of his bugs are quite
> > trivial to fix, so maybe some help could speed things up considerably.
>
> Did you read "7.4. Dealing with inactive and/or unreachable maintainers"
> in the Debian Developer's Reference?

Yes, I did. But I am no DD, so I cannot check "echelon".

> Some ideas: You could sent patches for libglademm to the BTS.  You could
> offer to become comaintainer of libglademm.  You could suggest to the
> maintainer to post a RFH.

Patches for several bugs are available, also for libglademm. I contacted
the maintainer, but no response yet. In the mean time my e-mail has been
forwarded to mia@qa.d.o so I guess they will handle it.

We will have to wait a bit more :)

Adriaan