Re: RFS: giac -- computer algebra system with nice GUI

Hi there, Carlos.

On Nov 15 2005, Carlos Enrique Carleos Artime wrote:
> Homepage: http://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~parisse/giac.html
> The ITP was filed in bug 155075: http://bugs.debian.org/155075
> Debian sources at mentors: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/giac/

I'm not in a position to sponsor you (I'm not a DD), but I had to do
long (and tedious) manipulations a little while ago and found that
there's actually no Computer Algebra System available in etch, which is
a problem.

I tried installing yacas from stable and, after some use, it segfaulted.
:-)

It would really be nice to have a good, Free, and working computer
algebra system in Debian. :-)

Thanks, Rogério Brito.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/