Re: change contro to make package not for 4 archs.

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 12:18:03PM -0200, Jose Carlos do Nascimento wrote:
> Steve Langasek escreveu:
> >On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 06:07:05PM -0200, Jose Carlos do Nascimento wrote:
> >
> >>I have this bug opened
> >>http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=337569
> >
> >>but, I dont know how to change control file to create .deb just for
> >>others archs than "alpha m68k mips".
> >
> >You do this by listing in your Architecture: field in debian/control all of
> >the architectures for which the package *should* be built.  (In this case,
> >that's definitely the correct course of action because you have a
> >dependency
> >on a non-free package which is available for a finite, static set of
> >architectures.)
> >
> I did it,  but and if Debian group create another arch ?  like kfreebsd
> or  other ?
> I will need to add these new archs,
>
> I though "Architecture" support  something like,
>
> Architecture: any !alpha !m68k  ...
I thought so too, but in this case you just want to include whatever
archs your dependencies include, so '!' isn't really useful, right?

Anyway, I think that syntax comes from "packages-arch-specific", a
recent version of which appears to be available from:

  http://cerberus.0c3.net/~buildd/Packages-arch-specific

I know that automatically updating build-deps at build-time is a
horrible thing, and I think that updating Architecture would have the
same problem.  But you might add a ./debian/rules target to grep the
relevant Architecture line, and fail if your arch string doesn't match
theirs.  This should probably not be a dependency of any target that
the autobuilders use.

--
Clear skies,
Justin