repack upstream sources or overrides ?

Hi!

I am working on #338554 - and I am almost there. I have one big problem,
though.

Upstream did not run make distclean before releasing the tarball. Of
course, linda and lintian complains about this.

Should I add overrides for lintian warnings and linda _errors_ to
address this problems - or is the right thing to unpack sources;
make distclean; pack sources and call that .orig.tar.gz  ?

(I have reported this upstream and upstream will fix on next release)

/Sune