Re: PGP and GPG keys...

Christoph Berg wrote:
Re: Adeodato Simó in <[🔎] 20051112184514.GA17141@chistera.yi.org>

 Perhaps if you post your keyid somebody can take a look and tell you
 whether it's fine or not?

The "official" test is:

GPGOPTS=" -q --no-options --no-default-keyring --no-auto-check-trustdb --keyring $DESTDIR/nm.gpg --trust-model always"

echo "Let's test if its a version 4 or greater key"
VERSION=$(gpg ${GPGOPTS} --with-colons --with-fingerprint --list-keys 0x$KEYID | awk -F : '$1 == "fpr" {print length($10)}')

if [ $VERSION -eq 32 ]; then
        echo "Warning: It looks like this key is an Version 3 GPG key. This is bad."
        echo "This is not accepted for the NM ID Step. Please doublecheck and then"
        echo "get your applicant to send you a correct key if this is script isnt wrong."
else
        echo "Key is ok"
fi

Christoph

Ok. I did this:

1) I exported my public and private key to an .asc file from PGP Keys.
2) I moved the file to my debian host.
3) I installed the key using 'gpg --import keyfile.asc'.
4) I ran 'gpg --edit-key daniel', signing the key and setting the trust
   level to max (I know it's my key since I exported it from my keyring
   and entered it myself into gpg).
5) I added another e-mail address to the key (my future e-mail)
6) I ran the above script and got "Key is ok"

After executing, the $VERSION variable has the value 40.

I've also tested that cross-encryption works, i.e. encrypt/sign with pgp
and decrypt/verify using gpg and vise versa. And it does.

I guess the key is usable within the debian project :-)

Many thanks!

/Daniel