Re: RFS: ksudoku -- sudoku puzzle generator/solver

On Thursday 10 November 2005 18:50, Ryan Schultz wrote:
> * Package name    : ksudoku
>   Version         : 0.3
>   Upstream Author : Francesco Rossi <redsh@email.it>
> * URL             : http://ksudoku.sourceforge.net
> * License         : GPL
>   Description     : sudoku puzzle generator/solver
>
>  KSudoku is an interface for creating and solving sudoku puzzles, which
>  are grid-based placement puzzles that require time and logic to solve.
>  KSudoku is able to work with both 2D and 3D versions of these puzzles,
>  in grids of any square layout up to 25x25. It can also generate
>  configurable symmetric puzzles and other special types.
>
> Documentation is relicensed under the GPL; see debian/copyright.
>
> lintian/pbuilder-clean packages available from:
> deb http://rschultz.ath.cx/debian unstable/i386/
> deb-src http://rschultz.ath.cx/debian unstable/source/

I'm generally willing to sponsor this package.

Thoughts:

- The orig.tar.gz differs from the upstream tarball. It's just a
  rename of the directory inside and the admin/CVS directory is
  removed. It's a religious issue but I would rather leave the original
  upstream archive intact. The CVS wouldn't show up in the final
  package anyway.
- You patched ksudoku-0.3/doc/en/index.docbook. Would that be better
  solved through dpatch?
- The debian/copyright lacks the years of copyright.
- A 'desktop' file would be nice in addition to the 'menu' file.
  (Don't forget to call dh_desktop.)
- Some debhelper calls (like dh_link) are not needed.
- Could you send the manpages upstream so they can be included
  in the orig.tar.gz at the next release?
- The AUTHOR section of the man pages looks strange to me.

 Christoph
--
~
~