Conflict with kernel versions?

I'm interested in doing a package for spey, my greylisting SMTP proxy
(http://spey.sf.net). This isn't going to happen immediately, but I'm due to
make another upstream release soon, and if that goes well I want to start
work on the package.

Unfortunately, the application has its own coroutine library that turns out to
have a nasty conflict with linuxthreads (due to allocating its own stacks,
which causes linuxthreads to crash). linuxthreads is used as part of glibc on
2.4 kernels. 2.6 kernels, such as the one I did the development on, are fine.

Is it possible to specify this as part of the package dependencies, and if so
how, or am I just going to have to document the fact that it'll crash on
startup on a 2.4 system? Is this, in fact, not appropriate for inclusion in
Debian because of this?

(And if anyone wants to suggest a real fix, please get in touch. The *only*
reason I'm asking about this is because I can't find any way of working
around the problem.)

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "I never really understood how there could be
+- www.cowlark.com --+ Silva