Re: RFS: rkward

Hi

I am not yet a DD so I can't sponsor your package sorry.
But maybe I can give you some advice for improving the packaging.

OK there are some issues:

1. Well you provide a native debian package as I can see.
 I don't think that your package should be a native one, although you are the
upstream. You package can be used in various distributions (of course also in
Debian) so it would be a non-native package.
I think you are providing a Debian directory in the upstream version.
Think about that point and maybe delete the debian-dir for the official
version and during the debianization you can create the debian-dir.
Then please make sure that the diff (which will be created during the build of
a non-native package) includes only the debian-dir.

2. I think you don't need libqt3-mt-dev as a build-depends, because
kdelibs4-dev depends against libqt3-mt-dev. I haven't checked the other
build-depends.

3. In the control file you should improve the layout of the description (have
a look at other debian packages).

4. The short description shouldn't contain of big letters (because the short
description is not a full sentence).

5. The changelog entry should close the ITP report.

6. The current standards version is 3.6.2

7. You don't need usr/sbin in the dirs.

8. There is a rpath (as lintian told me). See the lintian warning:
W: rkward:
binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath ./usr/bin/rkward /usr/lib:/usr/share/qt3/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/lib/R/lib/

I think you can directly fix it (upstream) ;)

BTW you can run lintian *.deb to see if there are problems with your package
(do debuild and it is done automatically :) ).

For more information use lintian -i

9. A manpage is missing ;)

10. The package contains CVS-dirs, I think you should remove them.

Now I stop checking here, because I am right busy, sorry. Please fix these
issues (or what till someone told me that I am wrong ;) ) and then write a
mail.
Anyway thank you for your contribution to Debian and for your software, you
are always welcome.

Greetings
Steffen