Re: Sponsor wanted - myspell-cz, libnova & more..

Hi,

Am Montag, 7. November 2005 12:54 schrieb Petr Kubanek:
> I packed myspell-cz, so one will be able to get Czech spelling in
           ^^^^^^^^^^
> Debian, which will work with OpenOffice and Mozilla. It's there:
>
> http://lascaux.asu.cas.cz/~petr/myspell-cs-cz_20051101-1.tar.gz
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please package it non-native. But I can look what you have done so far
tonight.. BTW; why -cs-cz and not just -cs? If that's only the source pkg
name and the binary package is names -cz this is wrong. specify the language
code, not the country code (here it should be myspell-cs). See the
dictionaries-common policy.

> I would like to as if somebody can sponsor this package. It's based on

I could.
> myspell-sk, and as I'm familiar with Debian packaging, I hope I make
> debs right. Althought Czech isn't world language, there are 10^7 (maybe
> more) potential users of that package, so I hope that it's worth the
> effort.

I think it is. But I still think building it from ispell-czech (see #246129
and #237973) makes more sense because it then gets updates automatically when
the ispell stuff changes; most of the myspell-* packages in Debian are done
so.

But if Petr doesn't want that (he didn't reply to any of those two merged bugs
for over 1.5 years...). Cc'ing him, though

Regards,

Rene

P.S.: It would be better to start *one* thread for *one* package...
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73