Re: make *.py +x

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 03:07:38AM +0200, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I made my yum debian package, and when passing it to 'lintian -i',
> It finds that many *.py files are not executable.
>
> I am not really sure where should I make the chmod into the rules
> file.  would you help me?
You could run it after the install command, with something like

  -find -name '*.py' |xargs chmod 755

where the - is necessary in case there are no files, and then chmod
will error with "too few arguments" and $?=1.  Maybe there is a better
way, that errors in cases where, for example, find fails, or chmod
fails for other reasons.

You could also run it in the "configure" target or the "build" target,
assuming that all the relevent .py files existed and didn't get
overwritten at that point.

> build-stamp: configure-stamp
This is unnecessary; the configure and configure-stamp rules are not
required, and here they are just making the build rules needlessly
more complicated, since dh_testdir also happens in build-stamp anyway.

--
Clear skies,
Justin