Re: managing my packages with svn

Bastian Venthur wrote:
> Hi mentors,
> In order to keep track of my changes in the development of my packages I've
> decided to put my "debian" folder with all the packages and sources inside
> into a svn repo.

Good.

No need to put all sources in the repo, though. Use dpatch or something like it
and you'll have to put only debian/ under revision control, since the rest will
never change :-)

> My question is simple: Are there common pitfalls I should look out for? I
> could imagine, that all the new .svn dirs in every folder could cause some
> trouble, when building new packages.

Just use the -i option when building your packages and dpkg-source will happily
ignore .svn, CVS (and maybe others) directories.

dam
--
Damyan Ivanov                              Creditreform Bulgaria
divanov@creditreform.bg              http://www.creditreform.bg/