Re: libapache2-mod-cband: source package name

Thomas Viehmann wrote:
Jonas Genannt wrote:
The problem is, that the source package has the following name:
mod_cband-0.9.5.tgz
If I understand correctly, it is not the source package but the upstream
tarball worring you?
Yes I mean the upstream tarball.
So I have done:
extract the original package.
renamed the folder to: mod-cband-0.9.5/
created a tar.gz archive: mod-cband-0.9.5.tar.gz

Any suggestions for this problem?
Don't do the above. Just rename the tarball (and extracted dir) and let
dpkg-source take care of the rest. It's generally not appropriate to go
extracting and messing with the upstream source tarball unless you have
problematically licensed material in it.
the upstream tarball:
mod_cband-0.9.5.tgz
after extracted: mod_cband-0.9.5

So than I run dh_make to make a initial debianize:
dh_make -e jonas.genannt@capi2name.de -f ../mod-cband-0.9.5.tgz
Package name "mod_cband" is not in a valid format.

So that should I do?

Greets,
	Jonas