Re: RFS: rkward

Re: Thomas Friedrichsmeier in <[🔎] 200510111312.37908.thomas.friedrichsmeier@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
> I don't really have the ambition to become a new maintainer, but if that's
> what's needed, I might consider going through this. I'm a debian user, and a
> software developer, and what I'm really trying to do, is get one of my
> projects into debian.

Hi Thomas,

maintainer != (Debian) developer. If you maintain the package, and
find someone who uploads it, you are the maintainer. If you go through
the NM (confusingly, "new maintainer") process, you'll become a
developer. But that's not necessary for a few packages.

> Homepage: http://rkward.sourceforge.net
> Downloads: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=50231
> CVS instructions: http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=50231
>
> I have already debianized the package (as you can see in downloads, and CVS),
> and it seems to work ok. Of course I'm not sure, I did everything right.

There is no source package (.dsc, .diff.gz, .orig.tar.gz).

> Could you please advise me on what steps to take to get this package into
> debian?

http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html

Christoph
--