Re: GNU mcron, alternative cron, can run as normal user

 "Joe" == Joe Smith <unknown_kev_cat@hotmail.com> writes:

  Joe> David, please be certain that this does not mess up anachron,
  Joe> and that it obeys /etc/cron.daily/ etc.

When I describe it as 100% compatible Vixie replacement, I mean that
if you apt-get install mcron, it will read and understand your current
crontab and user crontabs, etc, run as a normal daemon, and generally
walk and talk just like Vixie cron. This mode of operation is
deprecated but the default to provide a clean path to upgrade; once
the software is installed you can slowly start to use more of it's
better features without disturbing your existing cron setup. You can
read more here: http://www.gnu.org/software/mcron/design.html .
--
  David D. Smith
A man without doubt is a monster.