Re: RFS: fbgetty

Hello,

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 03:11:57PM +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: Sylvain LE GALL in <[🔎] 20051003233006.GA11527@grand>
> > I am looking for a sponsor to fbgetty. This package has been orphaned
> > and i want to take his maintainance.
> >
> > I have prepared a package, that can be found here:
> > http://sylvain.le-gall.net/debian-public
>
> Please fix your ServerName (or post URLs that do not require redirects
> because the trailing slash is missing).

Sorry for the redirected url, here is the full one:
http://le-gall.net/sylvain/debian-public/

> > The package seems almost lintian clean (2 warnings about outdated
> > config.sub/config.guess which are patched during the build, so it should
> > not generate any real errors).
>
> Any reason not to put the correct version in the .diff.gz?

I think it is best to keep the correct version in a dpatch file which i
can easily send to upstream. I like to have only debian/ in the diff.gz
(but it is only a matter of taste). I try to always use pristine
upstream source.

Anyway the patch will be sent to upstream in order to have a release
with updated config.guess/config.sub. Since it is patched before
configure, there is really no difference.

Kind regard
Sylvain Le Gall