RFS: fonttools -- Converts OpenType and TrueType fonts to and from XML

Hi all,

According to [0], the fonttools maintainer offers his packages for
adoption. I would like to adopt fonttools as I use it for when creating
fonts packages (2 so far). I have not received a reply to my wishlist
bug (#329171) requesting that the maintainer upload the new upstream
version that I prepared.

Package name    : fonttools
Version         : 1.99+2.0b1+cvs20050624-1
Original Author : Just van Rossum <just@letterror.com>
URL             : http://sourceforge.net/projects/fonttools/
License         : GPL
Package         : deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
                  http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/fonttools/
ITA             : http://bugs.debian.org/330480
Description     : Converts OpenType and TrueType fonts to and from XML

FontTools/TTX is a library to manipulate font files from Python.
It supports reading and writing of TrueType/OpenType fonts, reading
and writing of AFM files, reading (and partially writing) of PS Type 1
fonts.  It also contains a tool called "TTX" which converts
TrueType/OpenType fonts to and from an XML-based format.

The new orig.tar.gz was created using a cvs export, as upstream has
recently been doing some work in cvs, but hasn't released a tarball yet.
Unfortunately, the setup.py does not distribute some parts of the code,
it seems upstream uses MetaTools/makeTarball.py to create the tarballs.

0. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/03/msg00805.html
1. http://bugs.debian.org/329171

--
bye,