Dependencies and debconf configuration

Hi,

As an exercise, I am trying to package as cleanly as possible bootsplash
3.2 and a few themes.
I use debconf templates for the configuration.
Main bootsplash package depends on a given theme package, which depends
itself to bootsplash. I really don't know if it is a good idea, as this
leads to a few problems:

The configuration of bootsplash needs to have at least one theme
installed, ie. when I run 'dpkg -i bootsplash.deb
bootsplash-theme.deb' (depending on the order the packages are
configured), it happens that bootsplash is configured before the theme
is installed: the user has to run 'dpkg-reconfigure bootsplash' by hand.

* Is there any possibility to force the order of
configuration/installation when installing several packages together?

* Or is it possible to call 'dpkg-reconfigure bootsplash' from the
bootsplash-theme {pre,post}inst files?
I'm quite sure that this option doesn't comply with the policy because
it would mean asking questions to the user in the postinst process. But
I cannot see any other mean to do that cleanly.

* The other way would be to make bootsplash-theme package _not_ depend
on bootsplash, I think it would force the theme to be installed before
the main bootsplash package is installed, is that right? But what would
then happen with aptitude that installs the recommended packages by
default?

Do you guys have an idea about this? I cannot find any package that I
can take as an example for this.

Many thanks in advance for all your comments/suggestions/answers.

Cheers,
Julien