Re: RFS: capi2name -- ISDN capi monitor with web interface

Hi Jonas,

Am Sonntag, den 11.09.2005, 13:27 +0200 schrieb Jonas Genannt:
> Hello,
>
> I'm searching for a sponsor for capi2name.

may i dareask why you as the upstream patch daemon/capiconn.c in the
debian diff rather than in the upstream tarball? Same goes for
debian/capi2name.8. Any reason only Debian users want this manpage?
Seeing debian/init.d, how's the upstream way of installing
the /etc/init.d/capi2name?

Not that i am trying to nitpick here, i just wonder if it's worth having
double administration overhead for one Debian version and one upstream
one. Btw. your README.Debian has some typos you might want to resolve
while you're at it. (like incoming is spellt without double m)

In debian/control you hardcode the Depends. I strongly doubt it's wise
to do that. There's debhelper scripts to help you with the inherited
Depends from the libs you link against (see dh_makeshlibs and
dh_shlibdeps). At least libcapi20-3 and libmysqlclient14 fall into this
category for now. Regarding your apache2 proposal from README.Debian,
I'd recommend to optionally offer a config sniptet
in /etc/apache2/conf.d/ like phpmyadmin for example. You will probably
want to use debconf here.

For the changelog, the format should be:
  * Initial Release. (Closes: #323359)

rather than the existing. If you make this 2 lines, that sounds like the
Close refers to another problem which is not described in greater
detail.

Btw. could you please shed some light, why these two files are DOCS:
contrib/perl_in_db.pl
contrib/changes_incomming

--
Best regards,