dh_shlibdeps in = warnings; dh_shlibdeps out = cyclic dependency on self

Hello all,

I am trying to package qingy (qingy.sf.net) for which there are 2 RFPs
- 309672 and 236706 -  in BTS for a looong time.

I have tried it on my system and seems ok, although there seems to be
some kind of race condition in the code resulting in a deadlock if the
user changes the tty back and forth freneticaly.

That is an upsteam problem, but I have also some another problems:
- if I add dh_shlibdeps to the build then I have a warning during the
build of the package - something about misc libs not being defined and
some nasty errors during installation, but the package installs and
works, anyway; also lintian reports an unnecessary call to ld
- if I remove dh_shlibdeps, then the package results in a cyclic
dependency on itself, but the misc issue disappears; also the ld issue
is gone
- the compile generates a set of 3 libqingy* files; do I have to make
a libqingy package, too?
- there is a qingy file in etc/pam.d which is not copied in the
package, although I added dh_installpam; the directory in the
resulting package is empty and the file in question is not anywhere in
the package;
- the application is licensed under the GPL, but the documentation is
GFDL; I saw that the upstream authors say "free programs need free
documentation", thus I feel they (only 2 of them) would agree to
changing the documentation license; what do you suggest I should do?

Can anybody help me? This is my first package* so please bear with me
as I might not know what I am talking about sometimes**.

* I have another ITP, but is quite hard for a first package, so I
postponed it, for now.
** I was under the impression I took the source package with myself,
from home to work.

--
Regards,
EddyP