Change version number only for a different build.

Hallo,

I'm learning something about debian packages, policy and repository, and
I'm trying to make an automatic repository (hence with a "pool"
directory), but i have a question. Can you help me, please?

Since my packages are "unofficial" I want them to be built for sarge and
sid (i use pbuilder for that), but in the same upstream version; is that
allowed by the policy. What i have to do?

I tought i can use a different package version for binary packages
targeted to different distribution, does something like package_x.x-1
for sid and package_x.x-1sarge for sarge sound reasonable to you?
And how do i have to report the different builds in the changelog?
Is it an acceptable practise to add a changelog entry only for a build
on a different distribution?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards,
   Antonio.