Re: RFS: gips - an isotopic pattern calculator

Christoph Haas <haas@debian.org> wrote:

> Are there multiple 0.7 versions? :)
>
> Further annotations:
> - your debian/changelog looks strange :(
> - please tidy up the debian/rules file :(
> - building the package works well :)
> - when I tried to use the "Help" menu item I had a segfault :(
>
> Could you please fix these minor issues?

Some further comments:

- you are also the upstream developer of this package.  Do you use
  Debian, or would you just like to see it included in one more
  distribution?  I'm asking because if you're going to maintain it, you
  should be using it on Debian.

- There's a manpage for gips in the debian directory, why not in the
  upstream tarball?

- Since the package will depend on X, it would be nice to have a hint in
  the description that there's also a command line tool.  And that it
  produces gnuplot output, anyway.

- Upstream issue: The tarball happens to contain a copy of the GPL, but
  nowhere does it say that this license applies to the other contents.
  It should, please read the "How to apply" section in COPYING.

  It also is practice to include the paragraphs cited here in
  debian/copyright, not only "It's GPL, text is at...".  I don't know
  whether this is mandatory, though.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster