Re: RFS: python-goopy

Hi, Kumar...

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 08:54:06AM +0530, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> Goopy (http://goog-goopy.sf.net) is a Python module for functional
> programming released by Google. It has a few pure Python functions,
> and is quite small. It is released under the BSD License.
>
> I have carefully read through the Debian Python Policy and the New
> Maintainer guide, as well as the mentors FAQ, and would request an
> interested mentor having some spare time to inspect these packages,
> and see if they're all right. They are available at
>
> http://kumar.travisbsd.org/debpackages/
>
> (I have uploaded all files I used to generate the deb package).

Thanks for your contribution. Please allow me to comment on your
package:

- the upstream tarball (orig.tar.gz) on your web server seems
  to be incomplete (just contains PKG-INFO and README). I downloaded
  the tarball from SourceForge.
- the README.Debian is superfluous since it does not contain more
  information than already provided in debian/control. Please remove it.
- the debian/docs contains two files that are not very helpful for the
  user. The instructions on installing the package are in fact
  misleading.
- please remove the parts of the debian/rules that you commented out
- since the package is meant to be for "Architecture: all" you do not
  need everything you are running in the *-arch targets.
- since python2.4 is out you may consider creating a second binary
  package (hint: debian/control) python2.4-goopy
- you do not have a build dependency on python. Building in a "pbuilder"
  failed here due to unsatisfied dependencies.

Regards
 Christoph
--
~