Re: apt-get remove (including dependancies)

Ram Kumar DANGETI wrote:
> Hi,
>       Is there a way to remove a package and all its dependencies ? with
> "apt-get remove" we can remove the base package, but I just want to know
> how we can remove the base package as well as all the dependencies which
> where installed along with this base package.

Use aptitude (from now on) instead of apt-get and you won't have this
problem (but only for packages installed with aptitiude). Aptitude
removes with a package all packages which were only installed to satisfy
the packages dependencies.
If the packages are already installed have a look at debfoster and
deborphan.

Regards,
Armin