Re: RFS: kdar -- Backup and Restore Utility for KDE (the KDE Disk archiver)

On Thursday 11 August 2005 10:32 am, Roman Kreisel wrote:
> well, the address is correct, but i received no mail until now.
Sorry about the confusion (or my confusion), the "Mail delivery failed"
message threw me off a bit.

> It's not really orphaned, because it's not even in Debian yet and Kalyxo is
> everything but alive, is it?
It's my understanding that Kalyxo has been "reborn" according to mornfall's
blog (http://blog.mornfall.net/) with the new name of Ekhis
(http://www.ekhis.org/).  Your package is available at
http://ftp.ekhis.org/ekhis/pool/main/k/kdar/.  I'm not sure how active the
project is, which is why I wanted to try here first.

> Additionally (btw, same is for the krename-package), i'm not willing to
> update it, until the C++-ABI-Translation is complete. At least the
> dependencies of kdar/krename should've changed to the newer ABI, before i'm
> going to build new packages. And afaik the next kdar will support a new
> libdar, won't it? I hadn't really a look at it yet.
I just read a little more about the C++-ABI-Translation and I think that I
understand the difficulty now and why everything is sort of "stalled".  It
probably doesn't matter, but kdar_2.0.6-1 was built with g++-4.0 and libdar3
(http://potatosalad.gotdns.com/debian/pool/main/k/kdar/).  It also relies on
kdelibs4 (>= 4:3.4.1-1) from experimental, which is probably going to cause
some problems.

Whenever the translation is complete, I'd be glad to help in updating the
package if you'd like.

Thanks,

--
Andrew Bennett