pbuilder create problem

I've installed pbuilder on a sid box but keep getting hung up with
the following error message whenever I try to execute:

    pbuilder create

I've tried this on 3 different sid boxes and still get the same
thing each time.

libstdc++.so.6 links to /usr/libstdc++.so.6.0.5, so the file is present.

Any thoughts would be appreicated.

Thanks, Kevin

Snippet of the error log follows:

[...]
I: Configuring console-tools...
I: Configuring libtextwrap1...
I: Configuring console-common...
W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be attempted 5 times.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be attempted 5 times.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be attempted 5 times.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be attempted 5 times.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be attempted 5 times.
I: Base system installed successfully.
 -> debootstrap finished
 -> copying local configuration
  -> Installing apt-lines
Refreshing the base.tgz
 -> upgrading packages
 -> mounting /proc filesystem
 -> mounting /dev/pts filesystem
 -> installing dummy policy-rc.d
/usr/bin/apt-get: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot
 -> Aborting with an error
 -> unmounting dev/pts filesystem
 -> unmounting proc filesystem
 -> cleaning the build env
 -> removing directory /var/cache/pbuilder/build//9487 and its subdirectories

--
Kevin Coyner  GnuPG key: 1024D/8CE11941  http://rustybear.com/pubkey.php