Re: Sponsor request for aspell-uz

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 12:19:27AM +0200, Mashrab Kuvatov wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> thanks for reply. I've rebuilt aspell-uz taking into account your
> feedback. Please have a look, it is at
> http://www.uni-bremen.de/~kmashrab/aspell/deb/

Almost there, just a few more things:

* The urgency should be set to low, not high.

* Why have you deviated from the upstream version?

* Your aspell-uz.info-aspell is not correct.  See
  http://dict-common.alioth.debian.org/dsdt-policy.html#infofile for
  more info.

* The 1_make.dpatch is obsolete now that you aren't using "make" at
  all.

* You probably shouldn't repack the .tar file so that the md5sum will
  match the upstream version.  Usually for an upstream that distributes
  a .tar.bz2, you just want to do "bunzip2 foo.tar.bz2; gzip -9
  foo.tar" and then use the resulting .tar.gz.

> It passed lintian -i test, but linda -i complained about l-uz.cmap file
> being installed into /usr/lib.

Safe to ignore.  It's an aspell upstream issue if anything.

--
Society is never going to make any progress until we all learn to
pretend to like each other.