Re: Sponsor required for bbpager

Cedric Pradalier wrote on 24/07/2005 02:11:
> I've seen bbpager is now orphaned and I'd like to take up
> the maintainance. I've packaged 0.4.0 (current is 0.3.1) and
> lintian is happy.

I don't actually think that lintian is completely happy with your
package. At least if you ran it with

lintian -i bbpager_0.4.0-1_ppc.changes
(the -i gives more information on its reports)

or alternatively against both .deb and .dsc files, it should have
reported that you made a native-looking source package (i.e. one without
.diff.gz and .orig.tar.gz) for a non-native package (i.e. one with -x
appended to the upstream version number).

I assume that you build the package with dpkg-buildpackage (or a wrapper
around it like svn-buildpackage or cvs-buildpackage). If this is the
case, simply putting the original upstream source tarball as
bbpager_0.4.0.orig.tar.gz before calling dpkg-buildpackage will generate
the correct .dsc and .diff.gz files to compose the source triplet for
non-native packages (package_X.Y.orig.tar.gz, package_X.Y-Z.diff.gz and
package_X.Y-Z.dsc).

I can't sponsor the package anyway, but it could also help to include
direct links to the three files mentioned above in your mail along with
the full description of the package, even if it would be a simple matter
of "aptitude show bbpager" to fetch the description.

cu,
sven