Re: separate binary and sources

Hi, Rakotomandimby...

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 08:15:06PM +0200, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> I successfully made a package.

Very good. Thanks for your effort.

> I now want to put in on a repository.

As you are not (yet) a Debian Developer you cannot upload your package
directly into the distribution. You will need a so called "sponsor" who
is a registered developer who will upload the package on your behalf.
He/she will probably work with you and perhaps suggest improvements on
your package.

> But what and how should I separate the created files?
> Should I put them into the same directory? orig, diff, dsc,.. in a flat
> way? I guess yes

If you intend to run the repository on your own web server then it's
safe to put the files into the same directory.

You may as well use the http://mentors.debian.net service to upload your
work. It will take care of your files and make them publicly available
in a decent repository structure.

Regards
 Christoph
--