Best way to maintain a package for multiple Debian releases?

Hi,

I'm about to make some .deb packages. Some will hopefully be accepted as
official packages, while others will be built for my own convenience (to
ease installation and upgrades on Debian servers I maintain).

The packages includes shared C++ libraries, binaries, databases (MySQL)
and some Java programs.

I have set up a machine with Debian "unstable" to work on the packages I
hope to get into the Debian distribution. I will however need all of the
packages in a "stable" repository (for my own use) and some even
backported to "Woody".

How is the best way to maintain debianized packages that are bulit for
several Debian releases? Should I use the approach described in "Debian
New Maintainer's Guide", or some other tols like Yada?

Jarle
--
Jarle Aase                      email: jgaa@jgaa.com
Author of freeware.             http://www.jgaa.com

War FTP Daemon:     http://www.warftp.org
War FTP Daemon FAQ: http://www.warftp.org/faq/warfaq.htm
Jgaa's PGP key:     http://war.jgaa.com/pgp
NB: If you reply to this message, please include all relevant
information from the conversation in your reply. Thanks.
<<< no need to argue - just kill'em all! >>>