Re: RFS: coldfire: packages URL

On 01.07.2005, at 15:42, Justin Pryzby wrote:
Anyone know of a good pseudopackage on which to clone this bug to
prevent acceptance of any package with such a standards-version?  Is
ftp an appropriate place?

You could file a wishlist bug on ``ftp.debian.org'' but I doubt that it would get implemented soon. But I doubt that this is a good idea as QA should happen by the DD packaging it before he uploads the package.

The first packages uploaded with a new standards-version would be rejected by the archive maintenance scripts if the latter are not updated in time when a new Debian policy hits the archives. And you could not count on a timely update of the standards-version on the FTP infrastructure.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern