Re: RFS: html-xml-utils (W3C simple HTML and XML utilities)

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 18:37:51 +0200, "Geert Stappers"
<stappers@stappers.nl> said:
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 08:21:41AM -0600, Beverly Davis wrote:
> > On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:24:07 +0200, "Geert Stappers"
>   <snip/>
> > > May I interpreter that as
> > >
> > >   "Upstream as included the hx_ prefix also"
> > >
> > > ?
> >
> > No, he hasn't done that yet.  I went ahead and did it though because
> > otherwise some of them would have rather common sounding names, such as
> > "extract", "index", and "count".  Is this a problem?  What should I do?
>
> Avoid a split!  Don't do a fork.
>
> Contact upstream,
> provide the prefix patch
> pursade him/her to do the transtition
> help where you can.
>
> Yes, that will take some effort.
>
> Let me known when upstream has actually include the hx_ prefix.
>

> Cheers
> Geert Stappers

Ok.  Sounds like people think that using the prefix is a good idea.  It
also seems that the best case would be if upstream would go ahead and
adopt the prefix too.  So I'll try to supply him some patches and stuff.
 I'll let ya'll know how it turns out.  Thank you, everyone, for the
help so far.

Regards,
Beverly

--