non-free compiler

Hello mentors,

I recently adopted GFingerPoken (not uploaded yet).  However, I found
out that the artwork in the source is actually generated with pov-ray.
So I started reworking the package to do a "complete" compilation, which
also compiles the art from source.

However, I just noticed that pov-ray has a non-free license.

I think this gives me several options:
- move the package to contrib because of a non-free build dependancy
- provide new artwork which does not need pov-ray or any other non-free
compiler
- change the code so the artwork is loaded at run-time instead of
build-time, create a new package with free artwork, and depend on that
or the original artwork (which goes in contrib).

I'd like some advice in this matter.

Thanks,
Bas

Ps: Simon, are you receiving my off-list e-mails?  I haven't seen any
response from you.