Re: new upstream Cogito conflicts with GNU Interactive Tools

Hi,

> The upstream Cogito people have added a /usr/bin/git executable (over
> my objections) which conflicts with GNU Interactive Tools' /usr/bin/git.
>
> Their argument is that GNU Interactive Tools is obsoleted by mc and
> should just go away.
>
> Should I just make my cogito package Conflict with the GNU Interactive
> Tools git package?

I don't think we really need /usr/bin/git.
It's just a wrapper that runs /usr/bin/git-whatever-script

My recommended action is:
1. tell them /usr/bin/git name is already taken, and we're renaming it to
  piggy

alternatives is unintuitive, because we will see the problem of
'git' is this on one system, but is another on another system,
and they are completely different things.

regards,
	junichi