Re: new upstream Cogito conflicts with GNU Interactive Tools

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:

The upstream Cogito people have added a /usr/bin/git executable (over
my objections) which conflicts with GNU Interactive Tools' /usr/bin/git.

Their argument is that GNU Interactive Tools is obsoleted by mc and
should just go away.

They are wrong.  MC is a toy, GIT is useful, imo.

Should I just make my cogito package Conflict with the GNU Interactive
Tools git package?

Isn't this simply a case of,`too bad cogito guys, that filename is already taken.'

- Bruce