Re: Installation fails with "unofficial" tesksel .deb file

On 5/29/05, Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org> wrote:
> Well, you haven't changed the Packages file on your installation
> medium, with which debootstrap verifies the integrity of the packages
> it installs (it checks for possible data corruption). I do not have
> any media at hand, but look for it (it is usually gzipped) and change
> the md5sum for tasksel to the value you compute with md5sum for the deb.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Philipp Kern

Thank you for the answer.
I actually found the Packages.gz in several places.
In my dists/ folder i got five folders which contains the folders
contrib and main. Inside all those folder I find Packages and
Packages.gz files. But I do not know which of them to edit. There is
such a huge amount of them.