Re: How to express dependencies for Java(TM)?

Michael Koch wrote:

>>>do they *really* depend on a non-free jdk, or will they run with kaffe
>>>or sablevm?
>>>
>>>--elijah
>>>

>>Yes.  All are heavy Swing/AWT apps.  TTBOMK, that makes any free java a
>>non-player.
>

> Better try it out before doing such statements. AWT mainly just works.
> Swing is progressing fast. The above statement depends heavily on the app
> you wanna run and it should not be just said to try to avoid free software
> alternatives.
>

> Michael

Point taken.  One I know for certain uses features specific to the Sun
JDK (it is for a school project).  Eventually I hope to be able to get
rid of the Sun-isms.  In the mean time, I would like to be able to get
the pacakge built properly.

Also, are there any good references on getting Java apps to compile with
free Java development tools? (No, I have not yet Googled for this info).

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr