Re: RFS:qterm

* Li Daobing [Sun, 22 May 2005 15:11:06 +0800]:

Hi!

> > The official maintainer is Anthony Fok <foka@debian.org>, but he did not
> > work since Wed, 16 Apr 2003.

  If you'd like to adopt the package instead of NMUing, that'd be great,
  since the package will receive more attention. I've asked Jeroen van
  Wolffelaar, currently in charge of the MIA process, and he says
  there'd be no problem with you adopting qterm.

> Another question about qterm:
> If I want to modify the source tarball, for example, I want to delete
> the admin/CVS and debian/*.ex in the source, should I modify the version
> number, for example, called it 0.4.0pre2.dfsg.1-1 or some other name?

  As you're repacking the tarball, the -1 bit wouldn't be included in
  the tarball name itself. As for the .dfsg bit, that's normally used
  when the tarball was modified to removed files that failed to meet the
  DFSG.

  If it's really necessary that you remove those files (which doesn't
  really seem the case to me, so perhaps it's better to keep the
  pristine upstream tarball), you could use 0.4.0pre2a, or
  0.4.0pre2.ds.1 (ds is commonly used to, and it stands, I believe, for
  "debian source").

  HTH,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud: after a
while, you realize the pig is enjoying it.