Re: performance tip for the package development stage

On Sat, 2005-05-21 at 14:28 +0300, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> Personally, I wouldn't use this for compiling the package after you have
> done with the debian related development, but the ccache author claims
> it's totally safe for that as well.

I haven't had any problems with ccache on my unoffical packages, so it
should be fine.

Another very useful program if you have multiple computers is distcc, it
farms out compilation jobs to speed compiling up. I found a nice write
up here http://www.debian-administration.org/?article=112 ccache is also
mentioned here http://www.debian-administration.org/?article=129

To get the best benefit you would probaly want to configure your system
so when you call gcc/g++ it goes ccache -> distcc -> gcc/g++

Jamie

--
GPG/PGP signed mail preferred. No HTML mail. No MS Word attachments
PGP Key ID 0x42E2C1E5