Question on placement and naming of binaries

Greetings mentors,

I am packaging webcpp (bug #309723).  After having created four
other packages, I am beginning to get the hang of this.  However,
I have come across a situation which I am not sure how to resolve.

The install step of the upstream build leaves me with three files
in bin/.  Namely, scs2scs.pl, web++, and webcpp.  scs2scs2.pl is
(obviously) a Perl script.  However, the install step does not
make it executable.  How do I accomplish that with dh_* tools?
Also, I recall reading the Debian Policy Manual that all binaries
should carry no extension.  Do I need to manually move the
file with a mv in debian/rules?

webc++ is a sh script that provides a simple text-based menu for
webcpp.  It is also not executable.  Same question as above.

webcpp is an ELF binary that has correct permissions.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr