Re: cogito package

  Hi,

  Sorry to be so long. I was not at home.

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 12:46:27PM -0600, Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:
> Hi Vincent, I just looked over your cogito package, comparing it to the
> one I have made (they look pretty similar).
>

> Why does your cogito package Depend on rcs?

Someone tells me that cogito use the 'merge' program from the rcs
package. So I added this dependency. But I do not know if the latest
cogito software still need it.

> Your Build-Depends is missing libz-dev, libcurl-dev, and libssl-dev.

Thanks, I just add them

> And it repeats some dependencies in a strange way - it depends on
> "debhelper (>= 4.2.0)" and "debhelper (>= 4.1.0)", and on "cdbs (>=
> 0.4.23-1.1)" and "cdbs (>= 0.4.27-1)".

This is due to the automatic dependencies generation by cdbs. See my
"debian/control.in" file. cdbs uses it to generate "debian/control".

> What are your plans for your cogito package?

Someone else does a ITP, so I will not include this pacakge in Debian
myself. I think I will continue to propose this package until it appairs
in the Debian sid distribution. Now I did it, I just need to type
"uscan ; cd .. ; make debian ; make install" to get an uptodate package
when a new version is available...

  Best,
    Vincent