Re: cogito_0.10-1 available

On 08-May-2005, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Sebastian Kuzminsky <seb@highlab.com> writes:
> > Before 0.10, the upstream installed both the binaries (actually
> > shell scripts) and the shell libraries in /usr/bin.  Starting with
> > 0.10, the shell libraries are moved to /usr/lib/cogito.  This
> > seems to me like a fine thing to do, any reason Debian doesnt want
> > them there?
> If they're really just shell libraries (and hence
> platform-independent), they should go into /usr/share rather than
> /usr/lib per the FHS.

Relevant sections of the FHS:

    4.4 /usr/lib : Libraries for programming and packages

    4.7 /usr/share : Architecture-independent data

However, there's no such thing as '/usr/share/lib'.  Where should such
shell script libraries go?

 \     "For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, |
  `\                            neat, and wrong."  -- Henry L. Mencken |
Ben Finney <ben@benfinney.id.au>