Re: Possibly interested in

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 08:08:34AM +0200, Michael Koch wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 08:51:17PM -0400, Brett Meadors wrote:
> > I am possibly interested in finding a sponsor.  I would like to help with
> > documentation, or maybe help with PR.  I can provide more information if
> > necessary.  I haven't written much documentation for Open source projects,
> > but use words well and can provide a simple easy to read/use type
> > documentation.
>
> People can only sponsor your for a package you have actually done.
> Sponsoring means looking into a package you have created, checking it
> and uploading it to the archive. When you look at a PR and give
> additional informations you will need no sponsor.

That is true.  However, what you may be interested in, Brett, is more of a
mentor, where an experienced Debian person helps you with stuff you're
interested in relating to Debian.  PR is handled through press@debian.org,
which is Martin Schulze behind the scenes.  Documentation is generally
coordinated through the debian-doc mailing list.  I'd recommend subscribing
and posting a message there asking if there's anyone who'd be willing to
help you get started.  Be prepared to read a lot of random stuff, or end up
doing so fairly basic work to begin with.

If there's anyone here on d-mentors who'd be interested in giving Brett a
bit of a hand, please speak up here or mail Brett directly.

- Matt