Re: Sources with missing dependencies

Moin, Michelle...

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 02:13:26AM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> for some hours I have tried to compile a SARGE source under SARGE
> with:
>
> ----8<--------------------------------------------
> SARGE base-install
> apt-get install build-essential fakeroot
>
> apt-get build-dep <package>
> apt-get source <package>
>
> cd <package>
>
> $EDIT debian/changelog
>
> dpkg-buildpackage ...
> ----8<--------------------------------------------
>
> and now it stops, because missing build dependencies.

Have you tried using pbuilder? It gets all the dependencies
automatically for you and builds the package. That way you can also
easily make sure that you declared your dependencies correctly.

See
http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/software/pbuilder-doc/pbuilder-doc.html

Kind regs...

 Christoph

P.S.: If only I knew a way to use pbuilder with svn-buildpackage. :(
--
~
~