RFS: "trend" package

Hi all, I've been a debian user for years now and want to get involved
more seriously. As a starting point, I'm looking sponsorship for a small
(single executable) new package called "trend".

[from the package]

  trend is a general-purpose, efficient trend graph for "live" data. Data is
  read in ASCII format from a file or continuously from a FIFO, and is played
  in real-time into a multipass trend (much like a CRT oscilloscope). trend
  can be used as a rapid analysis tool for progressive or time-based data
  series together with trivial scripting.
  .
  Homepage: http://www.yuv.info/~wavexx/hacks/trend/

The package itself is available here: